June 30th / 9pm / Bermuda
It’s very important for each father to have their own Fathering Handbook during 24/7 Dad® sessions, as they will use and write in their handbook to fully participate in program activities. Order extra 24/7 Dad® handbooks to include more dads in your program, or to restock for another group!
Having POSITIVE father support means the world to kids
A natural outcome from enjoying the father’s presence
BOUNDARIES & EXPECTATIONS
He sets boundaries and expectations that generate mutual love and respect; His child strives to maintain these values in life
CONSTRUCTIVE USE OF TIME
FATHER instills the habit of making time together appropriate, meaningful and FUN!
Father grasps the importance of being a leader with integrity – HIS natural role. Child mirrors his lead COMMITMENT TO LEARNING
FATHER creates a pathway to learning that ultimately benefits father, child & family.
FATHER’S LEADERSHIP models relevant social development skills!
This is the ultimate goal – child DEVELOPS a strong sense of self and has control over his/her own destiny! Father is confident that he has invested of himself wisely……
We all benefit!
A Look at Some Phenomenal Dads Out and About in the Community
Wise Thoughts From Bermudian Men on Fatherhood…..
- I think there should be more positive attitudes towards fathers and the contributions they make. Rightly so, mothers are recognized for the jobs they do but less is said or acknowledged about the jobs fathers do.
- This certainly is a noble project, and I have no doubts that you’ll find success with it.
- I personally think that if a father is given a chance to connect with his child he will find it rewarding and he will nearly always see the positive for both him and his child.
- It’s pretty crazy the number of kids that don’t have a father figure in their lives.
- The problem comes when some fathers are labeled as a waste of space or useless and then it’s a massive up-hill battle to see the enormous positives fatherhood brings.
- Wishing you every success in shedding a light on this issue, and hopefully helping people to appreciate how big of an effect a father can have.
TWO PRODUCTIONS: THE LOST FATHER & WHO’S YOUR DADDY?
A Message from the Producer:
“By putting this heartfelt film into art form, we seek to con-front the plight of FATHER ABSENCE. While its tentacles wrap around the entire universe, FATHER ABSENCE is brought to life daily in the lives of countless children right here in Bermuda…..in much the same way as it was for me when I was a youngster. Now, as the mentor of young people with varied life experiences, I believe it is important to uncover some of the deep emotional impacts that FATHER ABSENCE has on children, which ultimately get woven into the social fab-ric of the community. “ MARGARET GILOTH, President, Phenomenal People